What's the difference between 12V & 120V Lighting?
- 12V is known as low voltage, this voltage level is achieved by converting standard 120V current (also known as line voltage, high voltage or standard voltage) into the lower voltage through use of a transformer.
- 120V is known as line voltage, high voltage or standard voltage. This is the voltage found in common household electrical receptacles.
Benefits of Low Voltage (12V):
- Near zero risk of electrical shock injury - compared to 120V that can very dangerous - especially when used in the landscape or near water features.
- Powers all low voltage landscape lighting fixtures so you have a great selection of energy-efficient lights. Your selection of 120V lights is very limited.
- Low voltage wire can be directly buried in a relatively shallow trench (minimum depth: 6") compared to 120V power that requires burial in a conduit to a greater depth.
The benefits of using low voltage for landscape lighting are obvious. Whether you are a determined do-it-yourselfer or a lighting professional, the choice is clear.
Feel free to contact us with any questions: 813-978-3700.
Landscape Lighting Information
Why Use VOLT® LED Landscape Lighting
Of all the bulb types used in landscape lighting (such as incandescent, fluorescent, and others), LEDs have become the smart choice. And, among LED brands, VOLT® is preferred among homeowners and professionals alike. Here are the reasons: Longer Life. VOLT® LEDs have a lifetime warranty. You never need to replace them. Lower Energy Consumption. VOLT® LED lights consume up to 90% less energy to produce the same light compared to older halogen bulbs. A tremendous cost savings. Greater Variety. VOLT® LEDs lamps and fixtures are available in a wide range of light outputs (lumens) and color temperatures. This provides greater flexibility for...
Landscape lighting techniques
Correct lighting techniques will highlight your important features and create the perfect amount of drama in a yard. Find out what techniques work best for your home's architectural features, garden accents, outdoor living spaces, or backyard oasis.
Highlighting - This is a common and quite useful technique in outdoor lighting. Highlighting is created by placing a spotlight at the base of an outdoor feature. By varying the distance and angle of the light fixture, you can experiment with different lighting designs for unique landscape architecture goals.
How to install landscape lighting
Looking for help? Click through to the full article to get basic landscape lighting installation instructions. We got into detail on how to install your lighting project the right way. Step 1: Assembly Assemble the landscape lighting fixtures and insert the bulbs. Remember to not touch the halogen lights directly with your fingers since grease from your skin may shorten the life span of the bulbs.
VIDEO How to install a transformer
VOLT® low voltage landscape lighting transformers are the best on the market. They are designed for easy installation, consistent performance, and enduring longevity. For all types of low voltage outdoor lighting, landscape lighting, and garden lighting, these transformers are the ideal choice.