VOLT® Conehead Path & Area Light (Black) | 12V Landscape Lighting
Solid brass conical path/area light (with black finish) available with LED bulbs for flexibility in design.
- Solid Brass Fixture
- LED Lamp Options
- Lifetime Warranty
- Heavy Duty 10" Hammer™ Stake Included
- Dark Sky Approved
- UL & cUL Listed
- Product Code
G4 BiPin Bulbs: This fixture is compatible with low voltage LED or Halogen G4 bulbs. Choose between different color temperatures and lumen outputs.
Solid Cast Brass: Solid cast brass construction for lifetime durability with an attractive natural bronze finish that will continue to beautify as it ages.
Path & Area Lighting: Excellent fixture for use on pathways, walkways, driveways, flower beds, and more.
Dark Sky Approved: Complies with IDA guidelines to conserve energy, prevent light pollution and minimize light trespass.
Lifetime Warranty: This fixture is covered under our "no hassle" lifetime warranty! For complete warranty info click here.
VOLT® Conehead Black Brass Path & Area Light
The Conehead is a pro-grade brass outdoor landscape light from VOLT® with a super-durable black powder coat finish. Featuring a conical-shaped hat on a 23" stem, the fixture complements all landscape and architectural types. As with most VOLT® path and area lights, the vase and hat can slide up and down to increase or decrease light level and glare control. Utilizes high-quality internal components to ensure a long lasting fixture. With premium components inside and out, this superior quality fixture will add lasting beauty to your landscape. Lifetime warranty.
Features & Benefits:
- Solid brass construction for long-lasting durability
- Super-durable black powder coat finish
- Solid brass or stainless steel components.
- Choose from 4' standard or 25' hub ready 16G, SPT-2 premium tinned copper lead wire.
- Ceramic white paint under shade for maximum light output.
- Adjustable shade moves up and down to increase or decrease light level and glare control.
- Beryllium copper socket – more corrosion resistant than copper.
- Silicone plug where lead wires exit fixture. Prevents ground moisture and insects from entering fixture through the stem.
- Add 6", 12", or 24" extension rods to raise overall height and illumination coverage.
- Requires VOLT's® Low Voltage Transformer (Sold Separately, click HERE to view)
- UL & cUL Listed
- Lifetime Warranty
Dark Sky Approved. Complies with IDA guidelines to conserve energy, prevent light pollution and minimize light trespass.
Beam Spread & Suggested Spacing. Approximately 12' diameter beam spread. For continuous illumination along path, space about 12' apart. For independent pools of light, space about 20 ft. apart.
- Cast brass
- Black powder coat
- Clear protective glass globe
- 4' or 25' UL certified 16AWG, SPT- premium tinned copper wire
- Silicone plug seals opening where lead wires exit
- Cast Brass w/ceramic white paint under shade for maximum light efficiency
- Beryllium copper socket for optimal corrosion resistance
- Includes 10" Hammer™ stake with cutout for wire exit
- LED or halogen retrofit G4 BiPin bulb
- Available in 2700k & 3000k
- See G4 BiPin Specs
- Approximately 12' diameter beam spread
- Low Voltage (12v)
- VOLT® Low Voltage Transformer (sold separately)
- UL Listed, cUL Listed
- Complies with IDA guidelines to conserve energy, prevent light pollution, and minimize light trespass.
- Downward direction only
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about VOLT® Conehead Path & Area Light (Black) | 12V Landscape Lighting:
I am very pleased with the 7" Conehead path lights. They feel sturdy and well made. The installation was easy. I used the ground stake with the metal insert as I have had problems with products from other manufacturers. The stake definitely provides a firm support in our rocky soil. The stated 12' light spread was a little thin near the edges for me so I ordered another one to provide the path brightness that I wanted. That said, the light output from the LED bulbs (3W GU4 LED Bi-Pin 2700K - the replacement for a 20w Halogen)
is great and the stated spec is real. I also like the softer, warmer light from the 2700K bulbs on our red brick walk. I did have an issue with the bulb insertion: the instructions tell you to remove the harp [a metal piece that connects the stem & socket with the conehead] and glass lens from the stem (p.4, step 2), install the lamp (bulb; step 3), and then screw the harp back onto the stem. You must be *very* careful when screwing the harp back on as the the glass lens broke on my first attempt. I found that it was much easier to remove the socket assembly (which includes the harp and glass lens) from the stem, insert the lamp (bulb), and then re-attach the socket assembly. I mentioned this when I was ordering the additional fixture and the great VOLT customer service sent me a replacement. Not a big deal but just be careful if you follow the current (May 2017) directions. I suggested that VOLT update the instructions or at least put in a note of caution. I'll try to post an image of the walkway lights: my wife is very happy with them also. They dress up the pathway in an understated way. Would recommend them and use them again.