VOLT® 150 Watt Slim Line LED Transformer
Exclusive VOLT® Innovation!
Groundbreaking 150W LED transformer for super-easy installation and control.
- Clamp-connects - fast, easy, and robust
- 12V & 15V voltage taps
- Light, efficient toroidal magnetic core
- Slim, low-profile housing with stainless steel construction
- ETL listed
- Lifetime warranty
- Patent pending
VOLT® 150 Watt Slim Line LED Transformer for Low Voltage Landscape Lighting
This low-profile transformer breaks ground in the simplicity of installation and control. The clamp-connect terminal blocks are impressively easy and safe to use - taking seconds to connect compared to standard terminal blocks. Just insert the pre-stripped wire and close the clamp!
Additionally available (sold separately) is the VOLT® newly designed timer/photocell combination. When installed, it is visible through the housing window and can be set for simple dusk-to-dawn operation, or set to turn off after a certain number of hours. Photocell sensitivity may limit transformer placement. This timer is a removable module - easily replaced.
The Slim Line Transformers have an easily removable, tool-less grommet that replaces the difficult to remove metal knock-outs of traditional transformers. The grommets on the new Slim Line Transformers are removed and replaced easily if necessary.
To make this transformer slimmer, lighter, and simpler-to-install, we eliminated unnecessary voltage taps. With the new Slim Line Transformer, there is no need to worry about voltage loss.
Features & Benefits:
- Heavy-duty stainless steel construction with lockable hinged lid.
- Listed for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Toroidal core for more reliable, efficient, cooler and quieter operation.
- Low-profile housing for easier mounting and concealment.
- Clamp-connects for easy, fast, and secure connections. Accepts up to 10-gauge wire.
- 60" 18 AWG SJTW water resistant cord and plug set.
- Designed for VOLT® LED fixtures and systems.
- ETL listed.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Patent pending.
For Your Information: Transformer Technology
Magnetic Transformers. There are two types. These vary by the type of core:
- Laminated/stacked cores (also know as EI type). Laminated or stacked windings have sheets wrapped in copper wire that are then stacked or laminated together to make a core. This is the more common, less expensive method for manufacturing a core. These are less efficient, run hotter and are noisier than toroidal cores.
- Toroidal cores. These are one solid unit shaped like a donut and have the windings wrapped around the donut, in and out of the donut hole. Toroidal cores are more efficient, experience less buzz, and run cooler but are more expensive to make.
What are Electronic Transformers?
This transformer type converts the 120-volt current to 12 volts by first increasing the frequency of the current (from 60 Hz to as high as 20,000 Hz). The increased frequency allows the use of a miniature core enabling the transformer to be very small, light, and inexpensive. The biggest downside is that their high-frequency current may not be compatible with LED circuits. These currents also suffer from extensive voltage loss compared to magnetic types. A 12-volt electronic transformer must be positioned within about 10 ft. of the fixture. Electronic transformers are also subject to overheating and premature failure.
Learn more: How to Install a Low Voltage Transformer
Still have questions about transformer types? Call our lighting specialists at 813-978-3700.