Military Family Appreciation Scholarship
Military & Family Appreciation Scholarship Award - $400
www.voltlighting.com is offering a scholarship to honor family members of the United States military. VOLT understands the sacrifices that military families make to support their loved ones, and we want to honor those sacrifices and support continuing education.
Eligible applicants include the following:
Active duty and retired U.S. military servicemen and women and immediate family members.
- Includes all U.S. military services branches i.e. Army, Army Reserve, Army National Guard, Marine Corps, Marine Corps Reserve, Navy, Navy Reserve, Air Force, Air Force Reserve, Air National Guard, Coast Guard, and Coast Guard Reserve.
No Fee to Apply!
Eligibility Requirements Are as Follows
Applicants must be active or retired from U.S. military service or be the dependents of at least one parent who is a member of any branch of the U.S. military.
- Applicants must have earned less than $50,000 in the previous calendar year.
- Applicants must be able to produce the applicable DD214 upon request.
- Applicants must have an active email address i.e. yahoo, gmail or an email address issued to the student by their respective high school, college or university.
- Applicants who are dependents of military members must be a full-time high school student, or enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program (part-time or full-time). Students attending technical institutions also qualify.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16 – 25.
Essay Topics to Choose From
Applicants must submit an original, high-quality essay about one of the following topics:
- Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school.
- Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study and your future goals.
- Pick an experience from your own life and explain how it has influenced your development.
- Choose a person or persons that you admire and explain why. How have they helped to shape your life and/or your education?
Essay Writing Instructions
Each submission must be unique and written by you in your own words. It should be submitted in the form of a PDF or Microsoft Word document (i.e. PDF, .DOC, or .DOCX) and typewritten.
Application Submission Guidelines
Before submitting your essay, please review the submission guidelines to help ensure your submission is correct.
- Essay must be at least 800 words in length
- Submit your essay Here.
- Your submission must include your full name, current GPA (if applicable), your essay, your age, email address and the name of your current high school, college or university. If you are a selected winner we will collect your mailing address at the time of notification.
- During the week following each deadline, monitor your email address. If your submission is selected as the winner you will be notified via email and provided instructions for receiving your award.
The scholarship is offered bi-annually from March 1 – June 30, 2018 and August 1 – November 30, 2018. There are two opportunities to apply per year with deadlines as follows:
- June 30, 2018
- November 30, 2018
Winner Selection Week
Winners are selected one week following each deadline. Winners will be notified via email and will receive the award via United States Postal service. Winners will be provided a tracking number to track delivery of the award.
Commonly Asked Questions and Answers
One winner per application period.
No. In order to qualify, applicants must be currently enrolled at least part time.
If you are selected as the winning applicant, we will request verification at the time we notify you that you’re the winner.
2018 is the first year of the competition, therefore we cannot provide feedback on application volumes.
Yes. Each applicant may apply once per application period.
A GPA of 2.75 or higher is recommended but not required.
No. Once your submission is received, we will notify winners during the week following the application deadline.
Applicants must have a working email. If you currently do not, gmail.com, aol.com and yahoo.com are free options. Your college or university issued email address will also suffice.