VOLT® 100-Watt Slim Line LED Transformer
Groundbreaking 100W LED transformer for super-easy installation and control.
- Clamp-type connections - fast, easy, and robust.
- Easy-to-set modular timer for sunset-to-sunrise operation, or for set-hours after sunset.
- Single 15V output to simplify LED installations.
- Light, efficient toroidal magnetic core.
- Slim, low-profile housing with stainless steel construction.
- ETL listed with lifetime warranty on enclosure and core.
- Product Code
VOLT® 100 Watt Slim Line LED Transformer | Low Voltage Landscape Lighting
This low-profile transformer breaks ground in simplicity of installation and control.
The clamp-type terminal blocks are impressively easy to use - taking seconds to connect - compared to many minutes of frustrating work for standard terminal blocks. Just insert the stripped wire and close the clamp!
Next, a VOLT® innovation, a newly designed timer/photocell combination. Visible through the housing window, this timer can be set for simple dusk-to-dawn operation, or set to turn off after a certain number of hours. The photocell is built into the timer. This timer is a removable module - easily replaced.
To make this transformer slimmer, lighter, and simpler-to-install, we eliminated unnecessary voltage taps. Instead of having to choose among 12V, 13V, 14V, and so on, you just use the single 15V tap. That's all you need for any small to medium sized (up to 100W) VOLT LED system. No need to worry about voltage loss.
Features & Benefits:
- Designed for VOLT ®LED bulbs and fixtures.
- Toroidal core for more reliable, efficient, cooler and quieter operation than EI laminated types.
- Low-profile housing for easier mounting and concealment.
- Includes modular timer with built-in photocell and simple settings - easy to set-up.
- Clamp-type wire connectors for easy, fast, and secure connections. Accepts up to 12-gauge wire.
- Stainless steel enclosure with lockable hinged lid.
- ETL Listed
- Lifetime warranty on core and enclosure | Other Electrical Components - 5 years
For Your Information: Transformer Technology
Magnetic Transformers. There are two types. These vary by the type of core:
- Laminated/stacked cores (also know as EI type). Laminated or stacked windings have sheets wrapped in copper wire that are then stacked or laminated together to make a core. This is the more common, less expensive method for manufacturing a core. These are less efficient, run hotter and are noisier than toroidal cores.
- Toroidal cores. These are one solid unit shaped like a donut and have the windings wrapped around the donut, in and out of the donut hole. Toroidal cores are more efficient, experience less buzz, and run cooler but are more expensive to make.
What are Electronic Transformers?
This transformer type converts the 120-volt current to 12 volts by first increasing the frequency of the current (from 60 Hz to as high as 20,000 Hz). The increased frequency allows the use of a miniature core enabling the transformer to be very small, light, and inexpensive. The biggest downside is that their high-frequency current may not be compatible with LED circuits. These currents also suffer from extensive voltage loss compared to magnetic types. A 12-volt electronic transformer must be positioned within about 10 ft. of the fixture. Electronic transformers are also subject to overheating and premature failure. For all these reasons, VOLT® only uses electronic transformers for indoor lights such as under-cabinet and strip lighting.
Still have questions about transformer types? Call our lighting specialists at 813-978-3700.
- Non-brushed 304 stainless steel with removable cover
- Stainless Steel
- 60″ black 18 AWG SJTW cord and plug set
- Up to 12-gauge wire
- Secondary: (1) 7A Magnetic Circuit Breakers; Primary: Automatic (auto reset) Thermal Breaker in core
- Includes removable modular timer with settings: On; Off; Dusk-to-Dawn; 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 Hrs. after Dusk. Photocell embedded in timer.
- ETL Listed
- 14.40″ height 5.27″ width 3.70″ depth