VOLT Lighting STEM Scholarship Competition
VOLT Lighting STEM Scholarship Competition - $500
Eligible applicants include students pursuing an education in a STEM program or the child of a parent currently working in the following industries:
VOLT Lighting would like to extend a scholarship opportunity to students whose educational interests are in a STEM program or, to children of parents who work in a STEM industry. VOLT relies heavily on our team’s research, design, and technical knowledge to build durable, affordable, and quality products for our customers. To acknowledge our industry and partners, we’re happy to offer this bi-annual scholarship competition.
No Fee to Apply!
Eligibility Requirements Are as Follows
Essay Topics to Choose From
VOLT Lighting is continually working to improve its quality, processes and services and we do so by considering the input of staff, partners and our valued customers. Our scholarship competition revolves around this same concept.
- Applicants will submit an original, high-quality essay pertaining to our landscape lighting products.
- How will your study in a STEM program contribute to your immediate or long-range career plans?
- Explain the importance of your STEM program in today’s society.
- What industry do you intend on working with your STEM program learning? What do you think that industry will be like in the next 10 years?
- What are the most important issues your field (or your parents’ STEM career field) is facing today?
- Describe a role model who inspired your interest in a STEM program.
Essay Writing Instructions
Each submission must be unique and written by you in your own words. It should be submitted in the form of a PDF or Microsoft Word document (i.e. PDF, .DOC, or .DOCX) and typewritten.
Application Submission Guidelines
Before submitting your essay, please review the submission guidelines to help ensure your submission is correct.
- Essay must be at least 800 words in length.
- Submit your essay Here.
- Your submission must include your full name, current GPA, your essay, your age, email address, and the name of your current high school, college or university. If you are a selected winner we will collect your mailing address at the time of notification.
- During the week following each deadline, monitor your email address. If your submission is selected as the winner you will be notified via email and provided instructions for receiving recognition and the scholarship award funds.
The scholarship is offered bi-annually from April 1 – June 30, 2018 and September 1 – December 31, 2018. There are two opportunities to apply per year with deadlines as follows:
- June 30, 2018
- December 31, 2018
Winner Selection Week
Winners are selected one week following each deadline. Winners will be notified via email and will receive the award via United States Postal Service. Winners will be provided a tracking number to track delivery of the award.
Commonly Asked Questions and Answers
One winner per application period.
No. In order to qualify, applicants must be currently enrolled at least part time.
2018 is the first year of the competition, therefore we cannot provide feedback on application volumes.
Yes. Each applicant may apply once per application period.
A GPA of 2.75 or higher is recommended but not required.
No. Once your submission is received, we will notify winners during the week following the application deadline.
Applicants must have a working email. If you currently do not, gmail.com, aol.com and yahoo.com are free options. Your college or university issued email address will also suffice.