- Low Voltage Fixtures (12V)
- Line Voltage Fixtures (120V)
- Make It Easy
- Product Innovations
- LED Landscape Bulbs
- All Landscape Accessories
- Wiring & Transformers
- LED Landscape Bulbs
Women’s Excellence in Education Scholarship
Women’s Excellence in Education - Scholarship Award - $400
VOLT Lighting is proud to offer its first scholarship specifically for women! Offered bi-annually to women residing all across the United States.
No Fee to Apply!
Eligibility Requirements Are as Follows
- Applicants must be female and have earned less than $30,000 during the previous calendar year.
- Applicants must have an active email address i.e. yahoo, Gmail or an email address issued to the student by their respective high school, college or university.
- Applicants must be a full-time high school student or enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program (part-time or full-time). Students attending technical institutions also qualify.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16 – 25.
Essay Topics to Choose From
Applicants must submit an original, high-quality essay about one of the following topics:
- Describe your long- and short-term goals.
- Describe a female role model in your life. What influences have they made on you?
- Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart.
- Describe the meaning of success from your point of view. What kind of goals must you meet to be successful in your opinion?
Essay Writing Instructions
Each submission must be unique and written by you in your own words. It should be submitted in the form of a PDF or Microsoft Word document (i.e. PDF, .DOC, or .DOCX) and typewritten.
Application Submission Guidelines
Before submitting your essay, please review the submission guidelines to help ensure your submission is correct.
- Essay must be at least 800 words in length.
- Submit your essay Here.
- Your submission must include your full name, your essay, GPA, your age, email address and the name of your current high school, college or university. If you are a selected winner we will collect your mailing address at the time of notification.
- During the week following each deadline, monitor your email address. If your submission is selected as the winner you will be notified via email and provided instructions for receiving your award.
The scholarship is offered bi-annually from April 1 – July 31, 2018 and September 1 – December 31, 2018. There are two opportunities to apply per year with deadlines as follows:
- July 31, 2018
- December 31, 2018
Winner Selection Week
The winning applicants will be selected one week following the deadline. Winners will be notified via email and will receive a check via United States Postal Service. Winners will be provided a tracking number to track delivery of the award.
Commonly Asked Questions and Answers
One winner per application period.
No. In order to qualify, applicants must be currently enrolled at least part time.
2018 is the first year of the competition, therefore we cannot provide feedback on application volumes.
Yes. Each applicant may apply once per application period.
A GPA of 2.75 or higher is recommended but not required.
No. Once your submission is received, we will notify winners during the week following the application deadline.
Applicants must have a working email. If you currently do not, gmail.com, aol.com and yahoo.com are free options. Your college or university issued email address will also suffice.